This course will prepare students for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Students will familiarize themselves with the various tasks and question types within the test as well as practising all test parts. The classes will involve group and individual time with the teacher, group work and individual work as well as student-centered learning opportunities outside of the classroom. There is a large element of coursework attached to this course. Although there will be a language improvement element to this course, emphasis is on familiarization with the elements of the test.
This course is delivered flexibly according to the needs of the students. Delivery ranges from 4 hours per day to 4 hours per week – the length of the whole course can range from 48 to 240 hours.
On the course students will:
- Develop and practise strategies for all question types in all four papers
- Consider typical difficulties students encounter and how to avoid them
- Focus on vocabulary and grammar improvement related to specific exam tasks
- Practise major writing task types with constructive feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Experience first-hand, as observer or candidate, a complete IELTS type speaking test.